We all know the importance of staying as fit as we can while aging. Yoga for the elderly and seniors is an ideal way to accomplish this. You can modify it according to your needs and limitations, and if you are also going through something stressful, even traumatic, yoga has the added benefit of being calming and relaxing.
The benefits of yoga for Seniors
• Lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
• Recovery from strokes and surgery
• Prevent falls
• Manage arthritis, pain and inflammation
• Manage diabetes
• Manage digestive issues like IBS
• Improve sleep quality
• Facilitate the grieving process
• Manage depression and anxiety
There IS a yoga practice available to you, no matter your age, or your physical limitations!